Monday, April 19, 2010

What is Christianity?




Christianity is a monotheistic religion.

We(Christians),believe that Jesus is the son of God, God being the Saviour of humanity. Christianity can mean so many things, and there is so many parts to it. I've been speaking with a lot of people from different churches and different parts of the Christian religion and I have found that their beliefs all mean different things to them, of course not everybody has the same beliefs I've just been amazed that one religion can have so many different meanings and can be so many things to so many people and its caused me to think a lot about my personal beliefs. 

My Christianity.

Christianity to me is about 

  • My fellowship with God
  • How I pursue and grow relationships with myself and others.
  • How I live my life for the best.
When Jesus was asked to summarize his religion he said that it was loving God and our neighbor. Christianity is really a way of life. Everyday I choose to live my life the way I do because of the things I have learned through lessons my parents have passed on through Christianity and lessons I have learned and am still learning firsthand from my religion. I am not completely obsessed with religion if I were I would not have married the man I did, but it is however a very big part of my life and that is why everyday I try to show my husband how great and in a way fulfilling that religion can be. I'm ending this post with a few questions.

What is religion to you?

How do your beliefs affect the way you live?

What is the most fulfilling part of your religion? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner