Saturday, April 17, 2010

Infidelity

I was just reading a post on theblogfrog.com and it actually bothered me.


Marriage is a sacred thing, I love marriage. But so many people in the world are 
a) Doing it for the wrong reason b) rushing into it c) disrespecting it.


Lets start with 'A' doing it for the wrong reason.
Why do you get married? Because you are in love. Because you want to commit yourself to that person and you want to be with that person for the rest of your life. You don't get married because you feel rushed and like you need to do it. It is so so so important to be sure, if you settle and don't wait for the right person you will never be completely happy.. It is so important that you find that one person who makes everything okay, who makes you feel amazing and the person you can't imagine living without. 




Now for 'B' rushing into marriage. Bad decision. You need to wait. You need to wait for the right person and the right time. If you rush into marriage you can miss out on that one real love that makes everything, every moment of waiting worthwhile. Some people will say "Rachel what are you talking about, you rushed in" Yes, I got married when I was 21. I did NOT rush. I am so completely in love with my husband its really not fair. My husband respects me and he loves me, we share the same beliefs (for the most part) I have 'sinned' according to the bible for marrying outside of my religion but I have chosen to make that decision for him. Sure I'll try and try and try to show him how I think and change his mind but truthfully I don't think John will ever be Christian. I'm okay with that. I'll keep trying. Rushing into marriage is one of the biggest mistakes you can make. You can't just walk away from a marriage, it will always be there in your past.


'C' is a huge problem in North America these days.
Infidelity is so common now and in a way its acceptable. Ever heard of a little site called Ashley Madison? (I'll give it its own post). Infidelity is such an ugly thing and frankly I don't understand why people do it. If you are unhappy with your marriage get out of it. In my opinion infidelity is a form of abuse, you are disrespecting the person you are committed to and its not fair. Its and ugly name for an ugly thing. Disrespecting a marriage isn't just about infidelity there are so many ways to disrespect a marriage. In a heterosexual marriage a husband's job is to lovingly lead his family the wife's job is to respect and follow the leadership of her husband and the children are to respect and obey their father and mother.


Where do you stand in this great marriage debate. Feel free to share.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Design By:
SkinCorner